updated 4-04-20 from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young March 30 devotion
I AM TAKING CARE OF YOU. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: "I trust You Jesus." By doing so you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms.
Before you arise from your bed in the morning, I have already arranged the events of your day. Every day provides many opportunities for you to learn My ways and grow closer to Me. Signs of My presence brighten even the dullest day when you have eyes that really see. Search for Me as for hidden treasure. I will be found by you.
Scriptures to maintain our FAITH
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
Fear of dying is the number one universal fear for human beings. Virtually every fear has a relationship to death and a connection to dying. For example, why are we afraid of flying? The plane may crash and we may die. Here are seven scriptural principles that enable us to conquer our fear of death:
1. God is in control. Read Psalm 91. (Mark 4:35-41; Phil 4:6-7)
2. Focus on fearing God and dying to self. (Acts 5:29; Galatians 2:20)
3. We are strangers and pilgrims on this earth. (Hebrews 10:32 ff)
4. God always brings good from evil. (Genesis 50:20)
5. The enemy can only harm our body, not our soul. (Matthew 10:28)
6. Absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. (2 Corinthians 5:8; 2 Timothy 2:11-12)
7. There is a crown of life for the faithful to death. (Revelation 2:10)